Faculty DirectoryShragge, Abraham Invited Professor
- Contact Information Office.S246 Tel.82-2-958-3439 Eemail@example.com Homepage/Lab.
- Academic GroupsBusiness Communications
- MajorBusiness Communication
After four wonderful years at KDI School, I am pleased to join KAIST as a member of the Business Communication Program. My academic discipline is modern United States history, with particular emphasis on urban political economy, civilian-military relations and contemporary popular culture. Research, writing and teaching are among my favorite academic pursuits. I enjoy many diverse aspects of urban life in Seoul, especially the abundant opportunities for outdoor activities such as hiking and bicycling. I am also an avid traveler.
- I earned a Ph.D. in Modern United States History at the University of California, San Diego. I completed my undergraduate studies at the University of California, Davis.
- Before embarking on my graduate studies, I had a career in SCUBA diving, as an instructor and retail store owner. Following that was an arduous nine years in the field of commercial real estate brokerage, after which I found my true passion as an academic.
Industry Advisory Activities
Publications (patents, etc.)
- "Invention and Reinvention: The Evolution of San Diego's Innovation Economy" (co-authored with Mary L. Walshok), Stanford University Press, 2013.
Several research essays published in the Journal of San Diego History and Pacific Historical Review.
- Innovation economies; civilian-military relations; urban history and urban studies; civil society and social capital.
Publicity (Article/Column contribution & Media appearance)