Faculty DirectoryKwak, Byungjin Assistant Professor
- Contact Information Office.SUPEX 234 Tel.82-2-958-3417 Efirstname.lastname@example.org Lab.
- Academic GroupsAccounting
- ▶ Ph.D. Purdue University 2004
▶ MBA, The University of Texas at Austin 1996
▶ BBA, Seoul National University 1991
- ▶ Samsung Electronics Co.
▶ Yonsei University, Assistant Professor
Industry Advisory Activities
Publications (patents, etc.)
- 1. Internation Journals
- "The Composition of Top Management with General Counsel and Voluntary Information Disclosure" (with B. Ro and I. Suk), Journal of Accounting and Economics 54 (2012), 19-41.
- "Deregulation and Earnings Management: The Case of the U.S. Airline Industry" (with Y. Baik and J. Lee), Journal of Accounting and Public Policy 30 (2011), 589-606.
2. Korean Journals
- "Diversification and Bank Performance: International Evidence from 66 Countries"
(with J. H. Lee, K. Park, and R. S. Park), Journal of Korean Securities Association 38(2009) (in Korean), 53-75.
- "The JD/MBA Dual Degree Program: Analysis of the Global Cases and Possibility of Its Implementation in Korea" (with Y. Baik, K. G. Lee, and H. Ko), Management Education Review 12 (2008) (in Korean), 129-143.
- "The Effect of Voluntary Disclosures on Analysts’ Earnings Forecasts" (with S. K. Sohn and L. H. Jin), Accounting Information Review 26 (2008) (in Korean), 26-53
- ▶ Voluntary Disclosure, Corporate Governance, Legal Risk Management, Analysts’ Forecast, Earnings Management, and Accounting Conservatism.