Faculty DirectoryKim, Tae-Hyun Assistant Professor
- Contact Information Office.S579 Tel.82-2-958-3518 Efirstname.lastname@example.org Lab.
- Academic GroupsOrganization & Strategy
Tae-Hyun Kim is an assistant professor in Organization & Strategy department at the KAIST College of Business. His current research focuses on how economic action is embedded in social structure which facilitates or derails economic exchanges, constraints organizational choices, and assists or impedes organizational outcomes. His research interest also includes corporate governance and corporate social responsibility. Before joining KAIST, he received Ph.D. from the Kellogg Graduate School of Management, Northwestern University.
- Northwestern University, Ph.D. in Management and Organizations
Seoul National University, M.S. in Management
Seoul National University, B.B.A.
- Assistant Professor of Management, KAIST Business School, Jan. 2012-present
Industry Advisory Activities
Publications (patents, etc.)
- Byun, Heejung, and Tae-Hyun Kim. 2013. "Principal-Principal Agency Problem and
Shareholder Activism: The Rise of Minority Shareholder Movement In Korea 2001-2008" 2013 Academy of Management Best Papers Proceeding
Kim, Tae-Hyun and Brian Uzzi. 2010. "The Dynamics of Personnel Flows in High Status Law firms." 2010 Academy of Management Best Papers Proceeding
Kim, Tae-Yeol, Chungwei Wang, Mari Kondo, and Tae-Hyun Kim. 2007. "Conflict Management Styles: East Asia Differences," International Journal of Conflict Management, 18: 23-41.
- Social network, Corporate governance, Corporate social responsibility, Innovation, Employee mobility, Social structure of markets, Business group(Chaebol), and Professional service industry