Student choose to give up program for unknown reasons
No specific period
Refund of Subsidized Education Fees
Students in mater’s or doctoral programs must fully or partially return their subsidized education fees.
Complete the withdrawl form with your signature along with your guarantor’s (General scholarship recipients must obtain an official seal of the organization granting the scholarship) =>Obtain signatures from your academic advisor and the Head/Chairman of your Department/Division; repay the subsuduzed education fees to the bank; attach its receipt to the form => Have the form checked by the administrative staff in charge of your Department /Division=>Submit the form to the Academic & Students Affairs Team
- Students cannot withdraw from a program without a suitable reason. However, students who want to withdraw for an unforeseen reason can do so by submitting the form with their guarantor’s signature and obtaining approval from the President.
- General scholarship recipients: the guarantor has to be the student’s affiliated organization National scholarship or KAIST scholarship students (undergraduate, master’s, doctorate): parent’s legal seal is required
- Master’s and Doctoral students should check with the Academic & Student Affairs Team regarding repayment of their subsidized education fees.
Students failing to register, failing to re-enroll, staying at school for excess number of years, receiving academic warnings, failing to pass qualifying examinations, and receiving disciplinary action, are subject to expulsion.
If students, who have been voluntarily withdrawn or been dismissed, want to return to school, they will be readmitted to school after the review of their academic record.
Students can be readmitted to school two semesters (including the semester in which the date of the withdrawal or expulsing falls) after the semester of their withdrawal or expulsion, and they can be readmitted only once.
Students apply for re-admission => are reviewed by their Department/Division =>are reviewed by Undergraduate/Research Review Committee => Obtain Approval from the President
- One copy of the Application form for Re-admission [go to form]
- One copy of the Study plan (follow given format) [go to form]
- One copy of the Comment from the academic advisor (follow given format) [go to form]
- One copy of Recommendation for re-admission (follow given format) [go to form]
- One copy of Transcript [go to format]
- Supporting documents for an extended military service or a prolonged medical leave should be attached
- Student who withdrew or were dismissed will be allowed to return to school with their previous class standing or lower if they apply for their readmission within 3 years from the date of their withdrawal or dismissal and if they are approved by the review committee.
- Students who are dismissed with the reason of ‘excess years at school ‘ will not be allowed to return to school.
- The 3 year grace period given for re-admission applicant does not include the period required for an extended military service or a prolonged medical treatment (attach supporting documents).