2010 Summer Course Registration 2010-04-16Hit:6476
We"d like to make an announcement for the 2010 summer semester and the international summer school. Detailed information on class lists, course registration, add/drop courses, withdrawal from courses, and tuition payment is as below.
A. Course lists : Go to kaipa (http://kaipa.kaist.ac.kr)
B. Number of credits
ME, Techno-MBA, Finance MBA
Max. 9 credits
Max. 18 credits
Info & Media MBA
Max. 12 credits
C. Course registration
●Summer semester courses
- International students at KAIST : April. 19(Mon) 12:30～ April. 23(Fri) 24:00
- Korean students : April. 20(Tue) 12:30～ April. 23(Fri) 24:00
Choose the class lists on Web→ Register for classes on Web → Print out the completed registration form → Obtain guidance professor"s signature and submit the form to theDepartment/Division office.
3) Matters to be attended to while registering
① Students must apply for courses during the given period only.
② Students wanting to change their schedule after the given period must request "completion cancellation" to
the Academic & Students Affairs Team (ext. 3214).
③ Online application system requires a portal access (with PORTAL ID) ※ For further information
regardingPORTAL ID, contact IT development Team (T. 042-350-5938)
④ Those who are scheduled to graduate this semester cannot register for Winter classes
⑤ Re-registration is not available unless you are a graduate or Ph. D student who received a "F" grade
in required courses(Mandatory general courses, Mandatory major courses).
⑥ Graduation research courses are not offered during the Summer semester in accordance with the
guidelines for the operation of undergraduate research courses
D. Rules for cross course registration among different graduate schools
1) Students enrolled in each school will be granted priority when enrolling in courses provided by the school. Therefore, students from other schools may be constrained from enrolling in courses with restriction.
2) If you want to take course from other graduate schools, you should confirm your registration from Apr. 22(Thu) to Apr. 23(Fri). Courses confirmed before the designated period(4.22~4.23) could be cancelled.
3) When enrolling in courses provided by schools other than the school that you are registered in, you will need an approval from the instructor in charge of the course. (The sign of the instructor is needed on a Hard copy)
4) You are allowed to take up to 3 credits per semester, which equals to maximum 12 credits in total.
E. Add/drop Courses
1) Period : May. 31(Mon) 12:30 ～ June. 4(Fri) 24:00
2) Use Web System (http://kaipa.kaist.ac.kr)
3) Change classes on the Web → Print out a sheet detailing the change made →
Obtain guidance professor"s signature and submit the form to the Department/Division office.
F. Withdrawal from courses
●Master"s, doctoral students(class of 2009,2010) and undergraduate
(class of 2006 or earlier, class of 2009,2010)students : 6. 7(Mon), 2010 ～ 6. 11(Fri)
●Master"s, doctoral students(class of 2008 or earlier, and Undergraduates (Class of 2007 and 2008): June. 7 (Mon) ～ June.18(Fri)
2) Use: Web System (http://kaipa.kaist.ac.kr)
3) Procedure : same as the procedure for add/drop courses
▫Students are not allowed to apply for other courses (only withdrawal is allowed) during the given period.
※ Students are not allowed to withdraw from courses after the given period.
▫The grade of a withdrawn course is not included in the grade point average; students are given a "W" (withdrawal) on their transcripts.