2015 Fall Add/Drop & Withdrawal Period (Classrooms for courses included) 2015-08-17Hit:834
- WriterHyeKyung Kim
The following is a notice for course offerings and course registration for 2015 Fall semester. Please keep the schedule in mind and do not miss the scheduled period.
1. College of Business course registration process simplified
Starting from 2012 Spring Semester, no hardcopy(course registration application,
add/drop application) will need to be submitted to the corresponding major offices. However, in case you want to add or drop courses that’s already exceeded the maximum limit or falling short of the minimum number of students, you still need to submit the hard copy to your major office after the approval of the course professor.
2. Cross course registration policy
1) During course registration period
① Students can register for the courses open for one's major only, due to the priority matters.
2) During course add/drop period
① To give opportunities to taking courses across all majors, students are allowed to register for courses open for other majors from the first date of the course change period.
② The courses for cross course registration are limited. Students must check course registration system first
to find out if the course they are willing to register is open for cross course registration.
※ If students want to take limited courses, students are required to submit the Course Add/Drop Application to the major office with the signature of the professor in charge of the class.
Portal(http://portal.kaist.ac.kr) ⇒ Academic system ⇒ Class Enrolment ⇒ Course Registration or Add/Drop(half semester)
4. Course Change Period
▶[week 1-16 courses]
- Aug. 24(Mon.) 12:30 ~ Sep. 4(Fri.) 23:59
▶[week 1-8, 9-16 courses]
- 1st half Semester (week 1-8): Aug. 31(Mon.) 12:30 ~ Sep. 4(Fri.) 23:59 (2nd half Semester courses can be changed)
- 2nd half Semester (week 9-16): Oct. 26(Mon.) 12:30 ~ 30(Fri.) 23:59
※ If you want to change [week 1-16] & [week 1-8, 9-16] courses, you should register it on time by the schedule above.
5. Course Drop Period
▶[ week 1-16 courses]
- Sep. 7(Mon.) 12:30 ~ Oct. 6(Fri.) 23:59
▶[week 1-8, 9-16 courses]
- 1st half Semester (week 1-8): Sep. 7(Mon.) 12:30 ~ 18(Fri.) 23:59
- 2nd half Semester (week 9-16): Nov. 2(Mon.) 12:30 ~ 13(Fri.) 23:59
※ If you want to drop [week 1-16] & [week 1-8, 9-16] courses, you should register it on time by the schedule above.
※ Courses dropped during this period are excluded from grade assessment and marked on your score records as “W”(Withdraw).
6. Add and Drop Procedures & Notice
1) Access to Portal(http://portal.kaist.ac.kr)
2) System Open Hours : from 12:30 on the beginning day to 23:59 on the ending day
3) Students who did not register for spring courses during the registration period are also allowed to register
during the add & drop Period using the web system.(Within the student number limit of each course)
4) Proxy is not available, you have to access by your own ID.
(Reference phone number about Portal ID: Tel. 042-350-4109)
5) Re-registration is not available unless you are a graduate or Ph. D student who received a 'F' grade in required courses(Mandatory general courses, Mandatory major courses).
6) The number of credits graduate students can take each semester is over 9 credits (full-time students), over 1 credits (part-time students).
7) The number of credits graduate students must take each semester is minimum 9 credits for full-time students and minimum 1 credit for part-time students(for 16 weeks full).