The following is a notice for course offerings and add/drop &withdrawal for course registration 2019 Fall. Please keep the schedule in mind and do not miss the scheduled period.
1. College of Business course registration process simplified
In case you want to add or drop courses that’s already exceeded the maximum limit or falling short of the minimum number of students, you need to submit the copy of course add/drop application to your major office after the approval of your instructor.
Portal( http://portal.kaist.ac.kr) ⇒ Academic system ⇒ Class Enrolment ⇒ Add/Drop(half semester)
3 During course Change(add/drop) period
▶[week 9-16 courses]
- 2nd half Semester (week 9-16): Oct. 28(Mon.) 12:30 ~ Nov. 4(Mon.) 23:59
4. During course Drop period
▶[week 9-16 courses]
- 2nd half Semester (week 9-16): Nov. 5(Tues.) 12:30 ~ Nov. 15(Fri.) 23:59
※ Courses dropped during this period are excluded from grade assessment and marked on your score records as “W”(Withdraw).
5. Add and Drop Procedures & Notice
1) Access to Portal( http://portal.kaist.ac.kr)
* Log on to Portal(http://portal.kaist.ac.kr) with your Portal ID and Password
* Access to 'Academic system' on Hot Menu
* Check the courses and syllabuses offered for Fall session
: Portal->Academic system-> Class Enrolment -> Course Registration
* Add Courses with ‘Application’ button or Drop the courses with ‘Delete’ button
2) System Open Hours: from 12:30 on the beginning day to 23:59 on the ending day
3) Students who did not register for Fall courses during the registration period are also allowed to register during the add &drop Period using the web system.
(Within the student number limit of each course)
4) Proxy is not available, you have to access by your own ID.
(Reference phone number about Portal ID: Tel. 042-350-4109)
5) Re-registration is not available unless you are a graduate or Ph. D student who received a 'F' grade in required courses
(Mandatory general courses, Mandatory major courses).
1) Students failing to register for courses on-line for various reasons should
- complete the ‘Add/drop form' [attached files] with Course code, class # , course name, # of credits, make-up class
- obtain course instructor's signature
- submit the form to the KCB Academic & Student Affairs Team by 18:00, November 4.
- The Add/drop form after the deadline(November 4 at 6:00 p.m.) will not be accepted
2) The number of credits graduate students can take each semester is over 9 credits (full-time students), over 1 credits (part-time students).
However, students can register the maximum 18 credits(full-time students), 12 credits(part-time students) with an approval of their academic advisor and
the head of their department.(with confirmation (signature) of advisor and the head of the department on the application form)
3) After Course Add/Drop Period(November 4), students cannot register for courses.
Please refer to the regulation that students who does not apply courses will be expelled.(School regulation Article 34, Clause 4) and who register under ‘minimum credits per semester(graduate(full-time) 9, graduate(part-time) 1)’ will get academic warning.(School regulation Article 71, Article 86 Clause 1)
※If you have any questions or request, please contact your major office.