1. Add/Drop Period(*week 1-8 / 1-16 courses) : Monday, August 24, 2020 ～ Monday, September 7, 2020
※ Add/Drop Period(week 9-16 courses) : Monday, October 26, 2020 ～ Monday, November 2, 2020
2. Opening hours of course registration system : 00:00 on Monday, August 24 ～before 23:59 on Monday, September 7
(Course registration is available in Portal System only ? not available on mobile devices)
3. How to : Connect to Portal(http://Portal.kaist.ac.kr)
-> Add new classes or drop/change classes at Course Registration or Course Registration(Exceptions) Menu.
1) Log on to Portal(http://portal.kaist.ac.kr) with your Portal ID and Password
2) Access to 'Academic system' on Hot Menu
3) Class Enrolment -> 'Course Registration’ Click
4) Check the courses and syllabuses offered for Fall session
※ Check for Class type : [Academic System] > ‘Courses Offered’> ‘Course Title’> ‘memo’
→ Refer to Portal Notice : https://portal.kaist.ac.kr/ennotice/student_notice/11594274923963
5) Add Courses with ‘Application’ button or Drop the courses with ‘Delete’ button
★ Students failing to register for courses at Course Registration menu for various reasons should try applying at Course
? Students must check course registration status at academic system after obtaining approvals from course professor at
‘Course registration(exception) menu’.
※ ‘Course registration(exception) menu’ will be closed two working days before the course Add/Drop period ends. Applications that
remain unapproved until two working days before the course Add/Drop period ends will be automatically cancelled.
Students must take the necessary measures before the deadline.
※ For Fall semester, Online Approval System ends at 9/3(Thurs), 23:59 which is 2 working days before the deadline of
Course Add/Drop period.
※ Refer to the notice (Launch of Online Approval System for Course Add/Drop period) :
? If necessary, students should submit ‘Course Add/Drop Application(graduate)’ form to the KCB Academic & Student Affairs Team
with the signatures from the relevant faculty by working hour(9/7. Mon. 18:00) of course Add/Drop period.
※ Academic Forms (NO.12) : https://www.kaist.ac.kr/en/html/edu/031007.html
5. Matters that require your attention
1) You're required to apply for the course, during the add and drop period, using Academic System on Portal
(http://portal.kaist.ac.kr). (not available on mobile equipment)
2) Online application system requires a portal access (with PORTAL ID)
※ For more information regarding PORTAL ID, access https://iam.kaist.ac.kr
3) The number of credits graduate students can take each semester is between 9 and 12 credits(full-time students),
between 1 and 9 credits(part-time students). However, students can register maximum 18 credits(full-time students),
12 credits(part-time students) with an approval of their academic advisor and the head of their department.
(with confirmation of advisor and the department head at Course Registration(Exception) menu),
※ (Important) Expulsion and Academic warning
- After Course Add/Drop Period(September 7), students cannot register for courses.
- Please refer to the regulation that students who does not register courses will be expelled(School regulation Article 34, Clause 4)
and who register under ‘minimum credits per semester(undergraduate 12, graduate(full-time) 9, graduate
(part-time) 1)’ will get academic warning.(School regulation Article 71, Article 86 Clause 1)
6. Further information
KCB Academic & Student Affairs Team (firstname.lastname@example.org), 02-958-3211