1. Withdrawal Period
ㅇ week 1-8 courses : from 12:30 on September 8th(Tue) to before 23:59 on September 11th(Fri), 2020.
ㅇ week 1-16 courses : from 12:30 on September 8th(Tue) to before 23:59 on October 16th(Fri), 2020.
※ Withdrawal Period(week 9-16 courses) : Tuesday, November 3, 2020 ～ Friday, November 6, 2020
※ Students are not allowed to withdraw from courses after the given period.
2. How to : Log on to Portal( http://portal.kaist.ac.kr) ⇒ Academic System ⇒ Class Enrolment
A. Course Registration menu : Click Delete to withdraw courses
B. Course Registration(Exceptions) menu :
1) Select Course Code/ Course No/ Course Title etc. and click <Inquiry> to search courses to withdraw
2) Application Type : Select Course Withdrawal Registration
3) Application Reason : Select from AP Cancel / Cancel of graduating semester / Other Cancel
4) Other Information : Fill in additional information if necessary
5) Click Confirm Request
※ To withdraw courses that require approval from the course instructor, student must obtain online approval
at <Course Registration(Exceptions)> menu until 2 working days before the deadline of course withdrawal period.
※ Guide to using Course Registration(Exceptions) Menu(Re) :
3. Matters to be attended to
A. The grade of a withdrawn course is not included in students' grade point average;
students are given a "W" (withdrawal) on their transcripts.
※ Should students retake the “W” given courses, "W" grades on their transcripts will be deleted.
B. Total number of credits for the remaining courses after the course add/drop period
- Every full-time graduate student has to take minimum of 9 credits each semester(Part time 1 credit).
- However, this shall not apply to part-time students of master’s/doctoral programs.
※ Reference: School regulation article 67, Guidelines on Curriculum Management article 15,
Guidelines on Enrollment and Course Registration Procedures article 4.
4. For more information : Please contact KCB Academic & Student Affairs Team (firstname.lastname@example.org), 82-2-958-3211