1. Course Add/ Drop period
A. Course Add/ Drop period :
1) week 1-16 / 1-8 courses : 8/23(Mon.), 09:30 ~ 9/6(Mon.) 23:59
2) week 9-16 courses : 10/25(Mon.) 09:30 ~ 11/1(Mon.) 23:59
※ You can apply for the courses even if you didn't apply for any courses during the previous application course registration period.(within enrollment limit)
※ Online class types : Please check [Academic System] >‘Courses Offered’> ‘Course Title’> ‘memo’
B. How to : Log on to Portal(http://portal.kaist.ac.kr)⇒ Academic System⇒ ’Class Enrolment’ Click→ Add new classes or drop/change classes at ‘Course Registration’ or ‘Course Registration(Exceptions)’ Menu. (not available on mobile equipment)
1) ‘Course Registration’ menu : Select Course→ Add Courses with ‘Application’ button or Drop the courses with ‘Delete’ button
※ Additional function to make ‘Wish List’ for desired courses(→ Available since 2020 winter semester) : By adding a "wish" button in the list of courses offered at course registration menu, students can make and save a course wish list. The saved wish list will be displayed at the top of the list when viewing the offered courses.
2) ‘Course Registration(Exceptions)’ menu : Select Course→ Select Application Type &Application Reason→ Click Confirm Request
※ If the approval of the course instructor is required, such as a special lecture with different subtitle or courses exceeding enrolment limit, use the Course Registration(Exception) menu.
※‘Course registration(exception) menu’ will be closed two days before the course Add/Drop period ends. Applications that remain unapproved until two days before the course Add/Drop period ends will be automatically cancelled. Students must take the necessary
measures before the deadline.
C. Matters to be attended
1) Students must apply for courses during the given period only.
2) Online application system requires a portal access (with PORTAL ID)
(→ For more information regarding PORTAL ID, access https://iam2.kaist.ac.kr)
3) Since the online system recognizes the Special Topics with different subtitles as a single course, you can register the course as different one by applying it at 'Course Registration(Exception)' Menu or by submitting Course Add/drop form with the signature of the course professor to Academic Registrar's Team during Course Add/drop period.(→ Refer to “Taking Special Courses” at Course Bulletin)
4)Individual research credits can be recognized up to 12 credits per semester as determined by the student's advisor, and up to a total of 15 credits.
※ In the case of individual research in the undergraduate program, 1 credit is allocated to each individual research. If you wish to apply for two or more individual research in the same semester, you can apply for one at the course registration menu, and the others at the course registration (exception) menu with the approval of the professor in charge.
※ If it is not the same semester, it is allowed to apply for individual research again from the same professor.
5) After the course registration and add/drop period, one will get academic warning if the final credits registered per semester falls below the minimum credit specified for each program. Students with only AU or no course registered will be expelled from school.(→School regulation Article 34, 67, 86, Guidelines on Curriculum Management Article 15, Guidelines on Enrollment and Course Registration Procedures Article 4.)
※[Graduate] Master's/doctoral students must apply for at 9~12 credits(Full-time), 1~9 credits(Part-time) per semester, including research credits. However, student can apply for up to 18 credits(Full-time), 12 credits(Part-time) when recommended by the advisor and approved by the department head.
2. Course Withdrawal period
A. Course Withdrawal period :
1) week 1-16 courses : 9/7(Tue.) 12:30 ~ 10/15(Fri.) 23:59
2) week 1-8 courses : 9/7(Tue.) 12:30 ~ 9/10(Fri.) 23:59
3) week 9-16 courses: 11/2(Tue.) 12:30 ~ 11/5(Fri.) 23:59
B. How to : Log on to Portal(http://portal.kaist.ac.kr)⇒ Academic System⇒ ‘Class Enrolment’ Click→ Drop classes at ‘Course Registration’ or ‘Course Registration(Exceptions)’ Menu. (not available on mobile equipment)
1) ‘Course Registration’ menu : Click Delete to withdraw courses
2) ‘Course Registration(Exceptions)’ menu : Select Course→ Select Application Type(Select Course Withdrawal Registration)→ Select Application Reason→ Other Information(Fill in additional information if necessary)→ Click Confirm Request
※ If the approval of the course instructor is required, such as Cancellation of AP, graduation semester or other reasons, use the Course Registration(Exception) menu.
※‘Course registration(exception) menu’ will be closed two days before the course Add/Drop period ends. Applications that remain unapproved until two days before the course Add/Drop period ends will be automatically cancelled. Students must take the necessary measures before the deadline.
C. Matters to be attended
1) The grade of a withdrawn course is not included in students' grade point average; students are given a "W" (withdrawal) on their transcripts.
(→ Should students retake the “W” given courses, "W" grades on their transcripts will be deleted.)
2) Total number of credits for the remaining courses after the course add/drop period. (→ Reference : School regulation article 67, Guidelines on Curriculum Management article 15, Guidelines on Enrollment and Course Registration Procedures article 4)
Every full-time graduate student has to take minimum of 9 credits each semester(Part time 1 credit).
3. Contact for inquiry
Seoul Campus : College of Business_ Academic &Student Affairs Team (T. 02-958-3211)
(※ For more information, please contact the major offices corresponding to courses offered each semester.)