Academic SeminarReliability and maintenance optimization of a drone system
- 2019-04-11 ~ 2019-04-11
- School of Management Engineering
We would like to invite you to participate in Management Engineering(ME) Seminar.
1. When: April 11th (Thursday), 16:00~17:20
2. Where: Supex Building, Lecture Room 101
3. Speaker: Prof. Young Myoung Ko (Pohang University of Science and Technology)
4. Topic Reliability and maintenance optimization of a drone system
5. Research field: IT Management
* Lecture will be delivered in Korean.
* Seminar materials: Abstract
Motivated by drone systems widely applied in industrial systems, we introduce a circular k-out-of-n: G balanced system to model such systems. The primary challenge comes from the circular characteristic of a drone system requiring symmetry of rotors while operating along with the proper number of working rotors. We extend the result of Hua and Elsayed (2016) by proposing a new balance condition, which improves the system reliability.
With the reliability assessment, we move our attention to the design and maintenance operations of a drone system. Two popular maintenance policies - corrective maintenance (CM) and condition-based maintenance (CBM) - are considered. Under both policies, we calculate the optimal number of rotors minimizing cost with several economic factors. Numerical experiments show the effect of the policies and the economic factors.