- The Ohio State University
Doctor of Philosophy (Ph.D.)Chemical Engineering
1993 - 1996
Seoul National University
Master of Science (MS)Mechanical Engineering
1987 - 1989
Seoul National University
Bachelor of Science (B.S.)Mechanical Engineering
1983 - 1987
2018. 8. - 2020. 3.
* Energy network platform service provider
* Smart VPP architect
* Digital EPC and O&M service in Solar power generation
Adjuct Professor , Graduate School of Green Growth
KAIST (Korea Advance Institute of Science and Technology)
2016. 2. - 2020. 2.
Lecture Green IT, Smart Grid, Electric Vechicle & charging infra, Renewable Energy & ESS.
Advise Digital transformation method in the field of Energy, Retail, Franchise, IT, Finance, Manufacturing
* VPP(virtual power plant) Specialist : DR based and DER based system
* EV Specialist : EV charging infra, motor, invertor, battery
* PV generation Specialist : Network based PV-gen. , Intelligent O&M, Smart clean & cooling
* Optimizing energy consumption using energy big data
Senior Vice President
2013. 8. - 2016. 7.
* Head of Smart Energy Business Unit :EV specialist & Charging infra, xEMS, Renewable Energy, ESS, Smart Grid expert
ㆍLaunched new growth business models in the field of energy new industry
- Set up platform : Energy IoT, Cloud Computing, Energy big data
- Energy IoT : LTE based Advanced metering infrastructure, BEMS, CEMS, FEMS
- Energy Big data : Develop optimized algorithm for EMS and Renewable energy
- Korea Micro Energy Grid : Develop 12 reference sites including US, EU
ㆍ Business achievement
- Smart EV charging infra : Set up 10,000 charging point within 7 month in Korea!
- BEMS, CEMS, FEMS : Energy saving up to 73%
- Demand Response : Aggregate electric resource up to 300MW
- AMI : Winning oversea contract (One million household, USD110M)
- PV Generation : Upgrade efficiency up to 20%
- Eco energy independent island : Winning contract with Deok-jok Island
- Local government LED replacement : Winning contract with Gangwha state
Iljin Holdingds & Iljin Electric Co.
2010. 10. - 2013. 7.
* New Biz development : Smart Energy, Electic Vechile component, New materials of LIB, ESS, Medical device
* Chief Technology Officer, CTO Office / Head of central R&D center
ㆍ Launched new growth business models in the field of smart grid
- AMI, ESS, EMS, PCS, EV (motor, inverter, rapid charging system)
- Li-ion Battery : Si alloy anode, Al alloy pouch, Flexible battery
- Laser-jet DDS(Drug delivery system), Brain stimulation…
2001. - 2010. 9.9.
Business Development : ICT based Energy, Healthcare, Enterainment
Technology Intelligence Director, Corporate Technical Operations
ㆍSet up the process for technology intelligence of Samsung electronics group
ㆍPredicted new business opportunity in Bio/Health, Energy, Robot, IT-BT-NT fusion area
[The List of Technology Intelligence Report written by Seonghoon Kim]
ㆍ Mobile Healthcare Sensor Platform for Cellular Phone
ㆍMicro Energy Harvesters
ㆍNext G. Micro Drug Delivery system
ㆍ Wearable Robot technology outlook
ㆍ Intelligent Service Robot Application & Outlook
ㆍNext G. Solar cell technology outlook
ㆍ 3-D Micro Packaging technology outlook
Samsung Information Systems America
1996. - 2003.7.
San Jose, USA
Open innovation in MEMS, Bio-healthcare, new energy
ㆍ Completed pre-marketing plans and strategies developing core competency in MEMS application.
- Developed the first strategic plan, product road-map, and operation plan for biochip foundry service.
ㆍ Established business objectives and marketing strategies for research division by identifying,
analyzing, and interpreting future market needs and trends for next growth.
- Collected VOC(voice of customer) and analyzed customer’s needs in the filed of micro-sensors.
ㆍDeveloped strategic alliances producing joint project and marketing with U.S based MEMS Company.