Faculty DirectoryJ. Chung, Betty Invited Professor
- Contact Information Office. Tel.82-2-958-3676 Eemail@example.com Homepage/Lab.
- Academic GroupsBusiness Communications
- MajorCross Cultural Management and Organizational Leadership
- ▶ Certificate of Training, Training for Trainers Program for Multicultural Education. Equity Institute, Emeryville, California: January 1995.
▶ Doctor of Education, Organization and Leadership (Emphasis in Multicultural and International Education) University of San Francisco, San Francisco, California: May 1995. (Doctoral dissertation: Hermeneutic research on leadership styles and trans-cultural leadership models. Research and field work conducted in South East Asia, East Asia, and the United States.)
▶ Master of Education, Higher Education Student Affairs Administration.
University of Vermont, Burlington, Vermont: May 1991.
▶ Bachelor of Science, Elementary Education, Teachers Certification K-6.
University of Vermont, Burlington, Vermont: May 1989.
▶ Certificate of Training, Program in Conversational English; Teaching ESL. Office of International Educational Service, University of Vermont: June 1990.
- ▶ Visiting Professor and Director of International Center, KAIST Graduate School of Management, Seoul, Korea. March 1998- Present
▶ Director of the International Center/Global Leadership Institute, KAIST Seoul Campus
▶ Training Consultant and Instructor, McKinsey & Co.
▶ Executive Director, AAPBS (Association of Asian Pacific Business Schools)
▶ Faculty, FKI (Federal of Korea Industries) Global Management Program
▶ Lecturer, Samsung Premier Program, Samsung Group
▶ Training Specialist, Lundbeck Korea (Pharmaceuticals)
▶ Consultant, MeridianEaton
▶ Co-chair, AMCHAM (American Chamber of Commerce in Korea) Education Committee
▶ Co-chair, AMCHAM (American Chamber of Commerce in Korea) Profession Women's Committee
▶ Advisory Board Member, Hwang Mok Park P.C.
▶ Visiting Professor, University of Illinois at Chicago
▶ Program Director, University of Illinois at Chicago
▶ Diversity Consultant, PriceWaterhouseCoopers' Diversity Practice, Chicago, Illinois
▶ Program Director, University of Albany
▶ Residence Director, University of San Francisco
Industry Advisory Activities
Publications (patents, etc.)
- ▶ "An Interpretative Approach to Understanding Asian American Identity: Implications to Leadership Appropriation. Doctoral dissertation." Hermeneutic research on leadership styles and transcultural leadership models. Research and field work conducted in South East, East Asia, and the United States. May 1995.
▶ The State of Affairs and Status of the Asian American Community." May 1994.
▶ "Sketches from an Asian Pacific Islander Portfolio." March 1994.
▶ A Descriptive Analysis of Preservice Teacher Candidates' Drinking Patterns." April 1991.
▶ "The Children, the Cooperating Teacher, and the Student Teacher." February 1991
- ▶ Globalization and Cross Cultural Management
▶ Leadership Development and Organizational Effectiveness
▶ Negotiation Skills
▶ Interpersonal Communication