Faculty DirectoryPark, Sangchan Assistant Professor
- Contact Information Office.S206 Tel.82-2-958-3318 Eemail@example.com Lab.
- Academic GroupsOrganization & Strategy,Green Business
- MajorOrganization theory
Sangchan Park is Assistant Professor of Management and Organization at KAIST College of Business. He received his Ph.D. from Cornell University in 2008. His research explores issues related to organization theory and strategic management with a focus on the legitimation of non-legitimate ideas, technologies, and managerial practices, such as the emergence and spread of renewable energy producers. His research has been published in Academy of Management Journal, Organization Science, Work and Occupations, and Korean Journal of Management
- Cornell University, Ithaca, NY, USA.
Ph.D. Organizational Behavior, 2008.
- National University of Singapore, 2008-2013
Industry Advisory Activities
Publications (patents, etc.)
- 2017. "Knowledge decoupling: An institutional approach to the gap between the creation and utilization of environmental technologies." Knowledge Management Research 18(1): 117-138 (with Hyeonjin Cha).
2016. "Social movement activism and entrepreneurial collective action in the emergent US wood pellet market." Academy of Management Best Paper Proceedings. Anaheim, CA (with Shon Hiatt).
- Winner of the 2016 People’s Choice Award, Alliance for Research in Corporate Sustainability Conference.
- Winner of the 2016 Best Paper Award, Academy of Management, ONE Division
2016. "Too much is as bad as too little? Sources of the intention-achievement gap in sustainable innovation." Sustainability 8(8), 712 (with Daegyu Yang).
2015. "Questions on organizational learning." Korean Journal of Management 24(4): 33-59 (with Young-Kyu Kim and Jonghoon Bae).
2015. "Organizing knowledge ecosystems: The influence of organizational capabilities of platform leaders on multi-firm collaborations for knowledge creation." Knowledge Management Research 16(2): 1-27 (with Dong-Il Jung and Bo Kyung Kim).
2013. "Lords of the harvest: Third-party influence and regulatory approval of genetically modified organisms." Academy of Management Journal 56(4): 923-944 (with Shon Hiatt).
2013. "A multidimensional model of institutional embeddedness." Korean Journal of Management 21(3): 297-330 (with Sangmook Yi).
2011. "Professions, organizations and institutions: Tenure systems in colleges and universities." Work and Occupations 38(3) 340-371 (with Wesley Sine and Pamela Tolbert).
2010. "To share or not to share? Professional norms, reference groups, and information withholding among life scientists." Organization Science 21(4) 873-891 (with Martine Haas).
- Research: Organization theory, institutional change and organizational innovation, business-government relations in emerging business sectors
Teaching: Organizational innovation and design, competitive environmental strategy, business and sustainability