Registration guide for the 2011 Winter Semester 2011-11-11Hit:4473
We"d like to make an announcement of 2011 Winter semester
2011. 12. 26(Mon) ～ 2012. 1. 27(Fri)】.
Detailed information on class lists, course registration, add/drop courses, and withdrawal from courses is as below.
A. Course lists : http://www.kaist.edu/english/ → academics → course search
B. Number of credits
ME, TMBA, EMBA, FMBA>> Max. 9 credits
IMBA, IM MBA>> Max. 18 credits
C. Course registration
● 11. 14(Mon.) 12:30～ 16(Wed.) 23:59
● Choose the class lists on Web→ Register for classes on Web → Print out the completed registration form → Obtain guidance professor"s signature and submit the form to the Department/Division office.
3) Matters to be attended to while registering
①Students must apply for courses during the given period only.
②Students wanting to change their schedule after the given period must request "completion cancellation" to the Academic & Students Affairs Team by the e-mail. (firstname.lastname@example.org)
③Online application system requires a portal access (with PORTAL ID) ※ For further information regarding PORTAL ID, contact IT development Team (T. 042-350-5938)
④Those who are scheduled to graduate this semester cannot register for Winter classes
⑤Re-registration is not available unless you are a graduate or Ph. D student who received a "F" grade in required courses(Mandatory general courses, Mandatory major courses).
⑥Graduation research courses are not offered during the Summer semester in accordance with theguidelines for the operation of undergraduate research courses
D. Cross Course Registration Policy
1) During course registration period
① Students can register for the courses open for one"s major only, due to the priority matters.
2) During course change period
① To give opportunities to taking courses across all majors, students are allowed to register for courses open for other majors from the first date of the course change period.
② The courses for cross course registration are limited. Students must check the Excel data or course registration system first to find out if the course they are willing to register is open for cross course registration.
③ Cross course registration must be approved by the instructor teaching the course and a hard copy of the approval with the instructor"s sign on should be submitted to the major office.
E. Add/drop Courses
1) Period : 12. 26(Mon.) 12:30 ～ 28(Wed.) 23:59
2) Use Web System (http://kaipa.kaist.ac.kr)
3) Change classes on the Web → Print out a sheet detailing the change made →
Obtain guidance professor"s signature and submit the form to the Department/Division office.
F. Withdrawal from courses
● Master"s, doctoral students 2009 or after undergraduate (2006 or before, 2009 or after)students : 2012. 1. 2(Mon.) 12:30 - 4(Wed.) 23:59
● Master"s, doctoral students(2008 or before), and Undergraduates (2007,2008)
2012. 1. 2(Mon.) 12:30 - 6(Fri.) 23:59
2) Use: Web System (http://kaipa.kaist.ac.kr)
3) Procedure : same as the procedure for add/drop courses
▫Students are not allowed to apply for other courses (only withdrawal is allowed) during the given period.
※ Students are not allowed to withdraw from courses after the given period.
▫The grade of a withdrawn course is not included in the grade point average; students are given a "W" (withdrawal) on their transcripts.