KAIST College of Business Talented People > This is KCB > Why KCB >KAIST COLLEGE OF BUSINESS
본문 바로가기 사이트 메뉴 바로가기 주메뉴 바로가기

Fostering experts that will be able to combine management and technology

Based on its world-class curriculum, KAIST College of Business has led management education in Korea and has fostered experts with a convergent mindset that can merge technology into management.

By utilizing the unique advantages of KAIST, the best science and engineering research university in Korea, KCB specializes in planning with practical application and using an analytical and problem-solving approach. As a result KCB graduates are strategic experts of the 21st century in finance, IT, social entrepreneurship and green growth.

KCB's curriculum blends IT, finance, and management, energizing its management education by combining intelligence and common sense.

53% of Ph.D. graduates employed as professors

From 1996 to 2022, 53% of the Ph.D. graduates in Management Engineering were employed as professors. This is close to three times the rate of domestic Ph.D. graduates who were employed as professors between 2001~2006 (National Assembly Education Committee survey results, 14.5%).

61% of the employed Ph.D. graduates were offered positions immediately after graduation while the other 39% found jobs in research institutes or companies before they moved to their current positions as professors. 44% are currently teaching at universities within Seoul.

There are also several of our Ph.D. graduates working overseas. Since 2001, a total of fifteen of our graduates have been hired by world-class universities abroad including the City University of Hong Kong, the National University of Singapore, and University of New South Wales in Australia.

Contact : Lee, Sohyun ( sohyun.c.lee@kaist.ac.kr )