Guide of the Period for Add/Drop & Withdrawal 2019 Spring 2019-01-21Hit:140
- WriterKim HyeKyung
The following is a notice for course offerings and add/drop & withdrawal for course registration 2019 Spring. Please keep the schedule in mind and do not miss the scheduled period.
1. Cross course registration policy
① To give opportunities to taking courses across all majors, students are allowed to register for courses open for other majors from the first date of the course change period.
② The courses for cross course registration are limited. Students must check course registration system first to find out if the course they are willing to register is open for cross course registration. If you want to take the limited course, you must submit a hard copy of the approval with the instructor and academic advisor's sign on to the major office.
Portal(http://portal.kaist.ac.kr) ⇒ Academic system ⇒ Class Enrolment ⇒ Course Registration or Add/Drop(half semester)
3. Course Change Period
▶[week 1-8, 1-16 courses]
- Jan. 25(Fri.) 12:30 ~ Feb. 13(Wed.) 23:59 (2nd half Semester courses can be changed)
▶[week 9-16 courses]
- 2nd half Semester (week 9-16): March. 29(Fri.) 12:30 ~ April 4(Thur.) 23:59
※ If you want to change [week 1-8, 1-16] & [week 9-16] courses, you should register it on time by the schedule above.
4. Course Drop Period
▶[ week 1-16 courses]
- Feb. 14(Thur.) 12:30 ~ March 20(Wed.) 23:59
▶[week 1-8, 9-16 courses]
- 1st half Semester (week 1-8): Feb. 14(Thur.) 12:30 ~ Feb. 20(Wed.) 23:59
- 2nd half Semester (week 9-16): April 5(Fri.) 12:30 ~ April 18(Thur.) 23:59
※ If you want to drop [week 1-16] & [week 1-8, 9-16] courses, you should register it on time by the schedule above.
※ Courses dropped during this period are excluded from grade assessment and marked on your score records as “W”(Withdraw).
5. Add and Drop Procedures & Notice
1) Access to Portal(http://portal.kaist.ac.kr)
* Log on to Portal(http://portal.kaist.ac.kr) with your Portal ID and Password
* Access to 'Academic system' on Hot Menu
* Check the courses and syllabuses offered for Fall session
: Portal->Academic system-> Class Enrolment -> Course Registration
* Add Courses with ‘Application’ button or Drop the courses with ‘Delete’ button
2) System Open Hours : from 12:30 on the beginning day to 23:59 on the ending day
3) Students who did not register for spring courses during the registration period are also allowed to register during the add & drop Period using the web system.(Within the student number limit of each course)
4) Proxy is not available, you have to access by your own ID.
(Reference phone number about Portal ID: Tel. 042-350-4109)
5) Re-registration is not available unless you are a graduate or Ph. D student who received a 'F' grade
in required courses(Mandatory general courses, Mandatory major courses).
1) Students failing to register for courses on-line for various reasons should
- complete the ‘Add/drop form' [attached files] with Course code, class # , course name, # of credits, make-up class
- obtain course instructor's signature
- submit the form to the KCB Academic & Student Affairs Team by 18:00 February 13
KCB Academic & Student Affairs Team won't accept the Add/drop form after the deadline (February 13 at 6:00 p.m.)
2) The number of credits graduate students can take each semester is over 9 credits (full-time students), over 1 credits (part-time students).
However, students can register the maximum 18 credits(full-time students), 12 credits(part-time students) with an approval of their academic advisor and the head of their department.(with confirmation (signature) of advisor and the head of the department on the application form)
3) After Course Add/Drop Period(September 3), students cannot register for courses.
Please refer to the regulation that students who does not apply courses will be expelled.(School regulation Article 34, Clause 4) and who register under ‘minimum credits per semester(undergraduate 12, graduate(full-time) 9, graduate(part-time) 1)’ will get academic warning.(School regulation Article 71, Article 86 Clause 1)
※ If you have any questions or request, please contact your major office.