- PhD. University of Maryland, College Park, USA
- Academic Employment
- Associate Professor (with tenure), College of Business, Korea Advanced Institute of Science and Technology, Seoul, Korea
- Assistant Professor, College of Business, Korea Advanced Institute of Science and Technology, Seoul, Korea.
- Assistant Professor, Beedie School of Business, Simon Fraser University, Vancouver, Canada.
- Director, SK Center for Social Entrepreneurship
- Editorial Review Board, Strategic Management Journal
Publications & Research
Publications (patents, etc.)
- 2020. "The Practical Intelligence of Social Entrepreneurs: Managing the Hybridity of Social Enterprises." Forthcoming at Entrepreneurship Research Journal.
2019. "Inward Foreign Direct Investment and Local Firm Innovation: The Moderating Role of Technological Capabilities." Journal of International Business Studies 50: 847-855. (with F. Garcia and R. Salomon)
2019. "Country-level Technological Disparities, Market Feedback, and Scientists' Choice of Technologies." Research Policy 48(1): 385-400.
2015. "Entrepreneurial Growth as a Process: Mechanism-based Theorizing." Advances in Entrepreneurship, Firm Emergence and Growth 17: 63-94. (with D. A. Kirsch)
2013. "Does Inward Foreign Direct Investment Improve the Innovative Performance of Local Firms?" Research Policy 42: 231-244. (with F. Garcia and R. Salomon)
2010. "Do Leading or Lagging Firms Learn More from Exporting?" Strategic Management Journal 31: 1088-1113. (with R. Salomon)
2008. "Does Knowledge Spill to Leaders or Laggards? Exploring Industry Heterogeneity in Learning by Exporting." Journal of International Business Studies 39: 132-150. (with R. Salomon)
- - Technology Transfer across Borders
- Technological Catch-up
- Innovation and Entrepreneurship