Recognition of credit from other domestic and foreign universities (and graduate schools).
(Article 31 of the curriculum management guidelines)
- Credit acquired for certain courses from other universities (and graduate schools) will be recognized if the courses correlate with the required courses of the relevant department.
- Extent of credit recognition: Up to 66 credits among undergraduate courses(courses in the 100~400’s) and mutually recognized courses in the graduate program (courses in the 500’s) for undergraduate students. Up to 12 credits for master students, and 18 credits for Ph.D. students among graduate courses(courses in the 500~800’s: applicable to students for students entering KAIST in 2015 and thereafter. for those who have entered KAIST in 2014 and before: mutually recognized courses in the undergraduate program (courses in the 400’s) also can be transferred if the students apply for credit transfer of courses taken in graduated program from other graduate schools(not undergraduate program))
- Application Period: When enrolled in school (suggested that the application be submitted within one year of enrollment).
- Procedure: Students must apply for Credit Recognition of Completed Courses online at the Academic System → Receive approval from the course professor(after interview) and the head of department of the course → Students must submit it online(manual) at the Academic System to the advisor professor and submit the original transcript to KCB Academic and Student Affairs Team offline → Receive approval from the advisor professor and the head of department.
- Document Submission
- Original copy of transcript from the other university (or graduate school).
Recognition of Credit from other Departments (majors)
(Article 32 of the Curriculum Management Guidelines)
- If the student has completed the course and earned credit, partial or full credit may be recognized for major courses that overlap with the curriculum of the new department (major) and electives that are closely related to the curriculum of the new department/major.
- Application Period: After department transfer, but before the end of the relevant semester.
- Procedure: Students must apply for credits completed before admission online at the Academic System → Receive approval from the course professor(after interview) → Students must submit it online(manual) at the Academic System to the advisor professor → recommendation(receive approval) by the advising professor and confirmation(receive approval) from the department head → Approval of credit recognition.
Recognition of credits earned from KAIST
(Article 32 Section 2 of the curriculum management chart)